BDPros - Engineering Services Case Study
A provider of LOTO Engineered Services, was seeking to grow revenue through the location and education of qualified prospects. Upon partnering with Business Development Pros, the company significantly increased their outreach efforts through the implementation of BDPros staff into the sales process.
- BDPros provided more than half of the company’s sales force.
- The company was acquired by billion-dollar corporation in late 2014.
- As a rapidly growing and cutting-edge provider of Engineered Services, BDPros was already a critical part of the company’s sales process.
- In June of 2016, a corporate partnership agreement was put into place between the acquiring company and BDPros, allowing BDPros to continue sales and sales process management efforts.
- Post-acquisition, BDPros began working with the new owner’s engineers and internal sales staff to drive revenue to meet goals and relaunch the company’s service offering within the distribution network.
The integration of the company into the corporate structure of the corporation that acquired them was an initially slow-going process.
- The communication between engineering and sales was not effectively collaborative due, in part, to lack of effective use the CRM system.
- Limited internal administrative resources at the company proved problematic for task assignments, management of incoming prospect requests, and dissemination of completed quotes.
- The corporation’s distribution network was underleveraged and undereducated on the company’s offerings.
- The company had enough engineers to provide services to clients but limited internal staff for initial client interaction and education/collaboration with key distributors.
BDPros implemented its sales process management procedures and processes to provide support in all necessary areas.
- Weekly meetings were organized between key members of the company and BDPros sales teams to foster a more collaborative environment.
- The BDPros team worked with administrative staff at the company to formulate, implement, and maintain effective and strategic CRM usage.
- A significant and extensive data cleanup was completed by the BDPros team to ensure proper assignment and tagging of leads, clients, distributors, and open items.
- The teams worked together to generate procedures and processes to ensure timelines were met for incoming requests and outgoing proposals.
- BDPros continues to provide ongoing audit and management support to ensure compliance of those timelines.
BDPros sales staff supported several key initiatives:
- Managed outreach efforts to relaunch partnerships with the corporation’s distribution network.
- Provides members of BDPros staff to manage each of the 4 regions of the United States as well as Canada and International relationships.
- Key distributors were provided by the corporation’s management and the BDPros team provided strategic outreach to schedule monthly calls with those distributors.
- Members of the BDPros team traveled to summits across the nation to provide training and development to key contacts and educate on the company’s service offerings.
- Digital training sessions were provided whenever requested.
The company could successfully continue outbound sales efforts through company acquisition and a focus shift to distribution. Post-acquisition and since the implementation and use of BDPros sales process management procedures and processes, the company has experienced:
- An increase in annual revenue from 2.1 million to 7 million dollars in closed business
- A full CRM cleanup including the reassignment and maintenance of 95% of contacts and leads providing the ability for more strategic and thoughtful outreach
- Creation of refined sales processes and procedures ensuring the sales and engineering teams can effectively collaborate
- An increase in known distributor engagement of 46% within an individual point of contact for sales support in each of the company’s regions
- Increased brand awareness within distribution networks from training and support efforts